If you really want to monitor everything that includes you also, the human.
The easiest monitoring is done using the smart phone. Obviously a smart phone is fully IFTTT compatible and has a lots of location and notification sensors already included. It is also one of the notification and control hubs for the other IFTTT connected devices.
As additional monitoring devices in my family we use the following Garmin smart watches:
– Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor Wrist, Smart Notifications and functions
– Garmin Vívosmart HR + Fitness Tracker – GPS Enabled, Heart Rate Monitor Wrist Smart Notifications
Even if the watches are not IFTTT compatible (Garmin is still in the compatibility promise phase) by using the Garmin Connect application lots of useful notifications can be sent to the watches and lots of “human” monitoring information is recorded. Things like heart rate, steps, exercises etc. are continuously recorded by this smart watches. In the future integration with IFTTT would open them up to greater integration of the “human element” with the smart car and smart home.
Another interesting human monitoring device is an intelligent scale. My solution for this is Withings Smart Body Analyzer – Black
– connects to your house wi-fi network
– has a nice Android application where you can track your weight, heart rate, steps and a lot of other parameters.
– you can create several profiles for all the members of the family
– very important has full IFTTT compatibility so you can share your weight do different other devices and even trigger events with the scale. The most fun I have seen is to start the coffee machine when stepping on the scale.