Running NetFlix on a Raspberry Pi is a fantastic way to carry your Netflix account with you in a light mode way without relying on a laptop or entering your credentials on unknown insecure terminals.
– a Raspberry PI
– preferably with head radiators or better already equipped with a with a fan. Running NetFlix will make your PI quite hot.
– a HDMI cable (never assume you get a cable in a hotel room)
– a keyboard and a mouse or better a wireless keyboard with a touch-pad like this one I have Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard
– Latest Raspbian installed on the Raspberry PI.
– a Chromium with NetFlix support
Lucky for us someone already compiled a chromium with NetFlix(Widevine) support (Gustav Hansen or kusti8).
Get the latest deb file from: chromium-browser_*.deb from the following: github repo
Install the deb file.
Start the new chromium we just installed and then go to the Chrome Webstore and install User-Agent Switcher for Chrome.
After the extension is installed create a new user agent entry with the following details:
New user-agent name: Netflix
New user-agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.106 Safari/537.36
Indicator flag: IE
Then click the extension’s icon and select Chrome > Netflix.
Contribute to this site maintenance !
This is a self hosted site, on own hardware and Internet connection. The old, down to earth way 🙂. If you think that you found something useful here please contribute. Choose the form below (default 1 EUR) or donate using Bitcoin (default 0.0001 BTC) using the QR code. Thank you !